Tuesday, May 27, 2014

2014 Tiki Fest Palm Springs; Lizard Ricky meets Shag!

I couldn't be more excited. Biggest surprise in a long time. Hooters and I were in PS for the final hurrah of the Palm Springs Follies, and to our extreme amazement we passed the Curve Hotel only to see the 2014 Tiki Caliente fest in full swing.We were on a tight schedule so I pulled in for a quick
pic of me poolside then off again. 

However I spotted a Cocktail party in the Hotel Lobby,and in true Lizard Ricky form I crash it! Sooooo glad I did! Turns out It was a meet and greet for "Shag" the artist! Shag is my all time favorite artist and the inspiration for the Lizard Ricky cartoon of myself. 


To my pleasure and the pleasure of all who attended the meet and greet were the many pieces of Shags artwork.
You may think you have never heard of him, however you most likely have. His foot print is all over Disneyland. I posted a couple of samples of his work here on my blog. I believe Shag to be the Grand pooh bah of the mid century modern art movement that is so popular now. He really owns this style. 

I so love his work and was very excited to get my picture taken with him. He has a wonderful gallery in Palm Springs and it is a must see when visiting the desert. 

Next time your in the desert cities or visiting Disneyland seek out the the artwork of Shag. You'll be glad you did.

Please take time to visit the lizard Ricky resort wear on storenvy. And may you always have sweet suntanned cash filled dreams. 









No comments:

Post a Comment