Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wiki Wiki Waikiki

Your voices have been heard! The call has gone out for a current blog. Big goings on in the life of The lizard. The lizard started a new job. As a practicing dispensing optician I've worked for years in the eyeglasses industry in a verity of capacity's. Being a lounge lizard is a life choice however one does have to PAY for this life of choice and all though I'm married to a sales executive, in all fairness i do have to contribute to the family income. Man of leisure is one name, dead beat husband is another. Not to be the latter i have taken a great job with the Kaiser Permanente  Medical group in riverside. Just as a side note; however a big side note, I was forced to joined the Teamsters union as a requirement of employment. Which basically just means "OH YA! JUST TRY TO FIRE MY ASS!

As a result of working full time and I've had to change my focus off of my resort wear venture and give myself fully to my "Day Job"which means I've closed down the Lizard Ricky Resort Wear project. Perhaps i will revisit my dream of a clothing line when i retire and have time to work that project....... Who we kidding I'm a lounge lizard I don't want to work! I've barely have the initiative to do this blog!  I hate anything that takes me away from my pool and spa time in fact I'm heating up the spa as we speak. 

My start date is April 15th I told Hooters, she immediately said WE GOT TO GET OUT OF TOWN! so we took off for Honolulu for two weeks. we do Marriott  points so we stayed at the Marriott Waikiki.  I love being in the heart of the action I'm not a deserted island person, i want people around! more fun to show off my great swim suits, since i buy a new one every month. The pool experience or me is about SEE AND BE SEEN. I put on my best jewelry, my current swim trunks and pick a lounge chair prominently STAGED by the pool. I do my best George Hamilton look, order a diet coke and strike a pose!

I'm not vain just a realist. You know when you got it, flaunt it. The first night were there we stayed on the 27th floor with a Diamond Head view. I enjoyed it but one of the things I've learned about my WONDERFUL life with Hooters is that the first room is not THE room we will be staying in. We will change rooms. I get it she likes to get the lay of the land.. sort of speak. The lay of the hotel. So what that means to me is get ready with another 20 to tip the bag man again when we move. 

WELL! NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE TEAMSTERS the very next day after Hooters visited the front desk, that hotel couldn't do enough for us. They sent the men to move our stuff to the total Waikiki beach, city view side of the hotel put us on the top floor and at Hooters,s request put in a reclining easy chair in front of the window for maximum viewing pleasure. All she had to do was tell the hotel manager that I was the head of Teamster local 166 in from California and the rest is history.

One special note, we were there over the Easter holiday and I awoke Easter morning to the trade winds blowing through the sliding door gently blowing the curtains, and in the early morning light I could see the silhouette of Hooters with bunny ears sitting on the balcony. 

The two main things I wanted to get done on this trip was one to see the Aulani Hotel and two I wanted to hit all the Tori Richards stores to buy a new wardrobe for my new job. We had a great time, visited many of the favorite haunts of Hooter,s and we both realized we no longer want a sports car drop top to tour the island. There to low,hard to get into and there's no room for a goat. (DON,T ASK). The only time Hooters and I have heated words is on a vacation. Hooter likes to take the car and run to the local Walmart, There she buys new beach chairs, boogie boards, pool noodles and sundry items only to be used for a few days then to be left behind with the guys at the hotel valet. In Hooters defense these items do make for a better vacation although ma
y seem a bit frivolous.


A touching moment for me was when shopping I  passed a store window with a picture of Jack Lord in it. I cant help it I'm a child of the 70,s Hawaii five O had a profound effect on me. "PRAISE THE LORD" I shed a small tear. 

Ok lounge lizards as always I send you my love! my thanks to those of you who purchased lizard Ricky shirts, And may your life be filled with SWEET SUNTANNED CASH FILLED DAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment