Sunday, December 4, 2016

U.S./British Virgin Islands 2016

Hey Mon

To escape the long harsh winters of southern California we spent some time in the Caribbean islands. Hooters has this crazy ass friend named muffy who has a villa in st johns. Didn't take much for us to say yes when invited to spend some time with them at the Westin resort and villas. Mama and i were  in for some desperately needed sun,tan and pool time. Its was peak season for cruising the Caribbean so all the super yachts were out and about in the waters of the Caribbean. We went to the bathes at some Tortola which was basically massive rocks forming caves near the sea. You had to hike to them and they were hard to walk through so we spent little time there,hard work when on vacation is not what we sign up for. 

As you may know if your a avid follower of the lizard Ricky our third favorite activity on our vacations is shopping, and were else is there any better shopping in the world especially for jewelry then St Thomas. It never rained on us so we had to make time to run over the St Thomas to spend some money on new bracelets,cuff links and watches. However most of our time was spend laying on the beach soaking up some local color. The resort set up was great three restaurants, large pool steps away from the beach, gifty shop and food store on premises I was in heaven. On the first full day of the junket I Had a bit of a run in with one of our lovely co-beach goers, I set up my lounge chair, umbrella for my drink, towel, lotion and my small wireless speaker from my apple cell phone music. I put on some jimmy buffett and proceeded to get  into my zone. Well the nerve of some people! just as I was wasting away in Margaritaville some east coast uptight white lady asked me to use my ear phones so she didn't have to listen to my music. My music was bothering her. I told her I would turn it down, ooooooooooooooooh but nooooooooooo she wanted me to use my ear phones so she didn't have to hear ANY of it.

Are you kidding me lady! were on an island in the heart of the Caribbean and you don't want to hear Jimmy Buffett! I was out raged!!! I told her that yes i will turn it off and that I don't use ear Phones, they get in the way of my tanning and there uncomfortable to boot. 


So I say for the villas of St Johns "Stay loose, Stay tan and stay often" AND stay away for uptight white ladies form the east coast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment